I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend thus far. The Spivey household is a happy one today because both UT and OU won their games last night. Wahoo! We watched the games with our friends, Preston and Sloane, at a new sports bar. Sloane attended Alabama so she was SUPER excited they beat their rival, Georgia. GA was expected to beat AL by 24 points, but AL pulled it through with a final score of 41-30. It was a fun weekend for college football because there were a number of upsets, but alas, UT and OU stay strong. :) After the AL game, we went to a small get-together at a home in Highland Park where I saw an original Picasso painting hanging on the wall. It appeared to be from his "Toros y Toreros" / "Don Quixote" collection. I've never seen an original Picasso outside of a museum so I though it was pretty cool.
House Update
Our Saturday wasn't anything too crazy, but the house "to-do's" are definitely keeping us busy. While at lunch yesterday, we drafted two lists: "Must Do by October 9th" and "Want to do by October 9th." Our annual TX/OU party is Friday, October 10th and we are determined to have the house in a condition that is somewhat suitable for entertaining -- or at least finalize those things that ARE under our control. We spent several hours yesterday at Lights Fantastic selecting the remaining light fixtures. The only two we have left to buy is the light above the dining room table and the light over the master bathtub. I picked out one for the dining room, but Brent is a little nervous about it... Lacey told him to trust me, but I think he was hoping she'd say "I'll talk her out of it." :) ha! I'm ordering it online today so it should be here in plenty of time. As for the light over the tub, we'll have to make a final decision on that today.
After lunch, I plan to purchase our hardware for the kitchen cabinets; mirrors for the upstairs bathroom; towel bars and toilet paper holder etc. for the upstairs bathroom; hardware for master bath cabinets... the list goes on. I'll try to get as much done as I can today because there's just not enough time during the week with work. I'd love to watch the Cowboys game at 3pm, but I find that when they have a home game, that is the best time run errands because Dallas is like a ghost-town. :) I need to get moving with my day!
Randomness
This article on Yahoo! Finance, "Towns That Could Be Hit Hardest By The Financial Crisis," caught my attention because I was curious to see the top ten markets. Interesting enough, University Park is listed at number 8 and the only Texas city listed in the top 10.
8. University Park, Tex.
Share population in finance and real estate: 18.83%
Nearest large city: Dallas
Population: 24,582
Median salary: $110,976
more later...
hugs,
kk and db
No comments:
Post a Comment