Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! We spent a great deal of time relaxing and hanging out with friends. On Thursday night, we attended a birthday celebration for our friend Marty, who turned the big 35. His wife, Corey, did a great job at organizing the party.

On Friday, we met with the builder at the new house to discuss lighting and the kitchen layout. I had to leave early to meet my friend, Annie, at a bridal store. She's getting married on Friday, November 7th in Austin and is on a quest for a gown. Hopefully she'll find "the one" soon because she's running out of time! Brent and I didn't do much that evening except watch the movie, Juno. Have you seen it? If not, I recommend it. :)

Saturday was an interesting day... A couple, Trent and Katherine, were in town from New Mexico --- Brent knows the husband well and I'm getting to know the wife --- and hosted a "Come meet the baby" get together. They had Baby Hudson about 5 or 6 weeks ago. We stopped by a boutique on the way and I picked up the cutest burp cloths with brown chenille and cowboy print. We walk into the house and I immediately scan the room for Hudson and notice that Baby Hudson is dressed in PINK. I had assumed Hudson was a boy, but apparently I had assumed wrong. I look at Brent and he says, "I thought you knew it was a girl." Um... no and why didn't you say something when you saw the cowboy print burp cloths? Anyway. We got a good laugh out of it and I ended up telling Katherine about the mishap and she thought it was funny. I always like to give gifts that people will remember and I doubt she'll forget who gave her the cute baby boy burp cloths! :) ha

That night we went to dinner with Doug and Kathleen. Afterward, Brent, Doug and Kathleen went to a party for Trent and Katherine and I went to a birthday party for two girls that were in my sorority in college. The birthday party was great and I really enjoyed seeing everyone. Laura Smith (aka Smithers) even made it into town -- I miss you Smithers! The drink of choice was Mexican Martinis in homage to Trudy's in Austin -- yum! We didn't realize how many of us now live in Dallas or are moving to the area; therefore, we decided to start a Dinner Club in which we'll meet once a month for dinner.

Sunday was a lazy day and Monday we went over to the new house. They're moving F A S T. My friend Stacy came over for a look and in the time that she was there (+/- 35 minutes), the wet bar and half of the living room were sheetrocked -- WOW. I'll post the pictures soon! I know the descriptions of the pics can be confusing and hard to follow if you haven't actually been to the house, but it should be easier now that the sheetrock is up.

hugs,
kk and db

No comments: