Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Today is a Big Day!

Two very important things are happening today!

1. Brent and I close on our new house at 4:30pm!!! I can't believe it.... it's really happening. Of course, it probably won't feel 'real' until we're paying two mortgages. yikes! Hopefully that won't last too terribly long. We're guessing we'll put our house on the market in about two weeks. The renovations begin on Monday, May 5th -- very exciting! My friend, Jenn, had a great suggestion of having a "before & after" party so everyone could see the changes, but now I don't know if we'll have time to throw the "before" party. There may just be an "after" party... and after the party is the hotel lobby... jk. that's for all you Jay Z and R. Kelly fans... which now that i think of it, only my mom, Brent's mom and Jae read this, so... it was worth a shot. :)

More big news... we purchased all of our appliances last weekend! whew. Feels good to have that out of the way. We went with the Jenn-Air Pro Style and Thermador cooktop and vent... I'm hoping those cooking classes at Sur La Table will pay off. :) AND in even bigger news, we agreed on the master bathroom layout and vanities. We're very excited with the result! Here are some pics of our appliances... I hope to post a picture of our vanities soon.

Fridge, Wall oven, Dishwasher, Microwave


Thermador 48" cooktop with grill & 48" vent hood



Also, here's our tub for the master bathroom...



2. Brent's mom is retiring today!!! Congrats Donna!!! Her office is throwing her a big shindig this afternoon and I know she's really excited. I wish I could be there. Brent drove to OK this morning to join the celebration and then driving back for the house closing. When it rains, it pours!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Kerry and Kyle today as they lay to rest Kerry's father. We wish we could be there. God bless!

hugs,
kk and db

1 comment:

JMHickerson said...

WOO HOO!! Congats! This blog did make me laugh - haha! :o)...
I can't wait to see the before and after pics,so make sure you keep them coming!!! :o)

PS: You never sent me a link or anything of your wedding pis :o)