I've received some questions about where the new house is located -- sorry about that! I didn't even realize I left that out. :) The house is in Lake Highlands near the intersection of Walnut Hill and Fieldcrest.
Good news -- the house was inspected yesterday and came back with an excellent report! The inspector was impressed with the condition of the home considering it's 41 years old.
Brent is meeting with another builder today to do a walk-through of the house and get a quote. Both of the builders we're considering do excellent work so it will be a difficult decision!
Bad news -- the roof needs to be replaced (which Brent and I had assumed). We submitted an addendum to our contract with the seller and now we're waiting to hear back... if all goes well, we will be that much closer to owning the home. If it doesn't go very well, then Brent and I decided we'll walk away and know it wasn't meant to be. Cross your fingers that whatever happens is for the best! :)
On anther note... we had a great Easter! We went to my parent's and it was so much fun to be with my brother and sisters. It's rare these days that all four of us kids are able to get together. Claire was a BIG hit, as usual! I took some really cute pictures that I'll post this evening. She is growing and changing so fast... I wish we lived closer to Lacey and Tim so we could see Claire more regularly or I wish Lacey and Tim lived in Dallas. :)
hugs!
kk and db
2 comments:
OH wow! I go riding through some of that area on my bike! Guess I will have to ride over and see ya!
But big danger, Cantina Laredo is on the corner of Skillman and Walnut Hill! :)
Good Luck on all the house stuff...I hope it goes well and ya'll get the house. I'm still hoping for the same w/us ;).
Take Care
Post a Comment